Skip to content
Secured By miniOrange
Instructions for test participants
Before the test
- Register for the exam with a¬†selected test organizer (https://yki.opintopolku.fi/yki/ilmoittautuminen).
- Pay for the registration according to the test organizer’s¬†instructions.
- When you come to the YKI test, you should bring¬†an official identity card that is not out of date. Please note that such documents as driving licences or residence permit cards are not official identity documents. Acceptable documents are:
- a passport
- an identity card
- an alien’s passport
- a refugee travel document
- an identity card issued by the Finnish Defence Forces with a chip and a photo.
- During the YKI test day, you¬†will not be allowed to use a phone,¬† a watch, a laptop, a tablet or other electronic devices.
- Listen and try to speak the language as much as possible. Practice and review the basic things.
During the test
- Arrive early. If you‚Äôre late, you‚Äôll not be able to participate in the test.
- The basic and intermediate level exams take approximately 4-5 hours to complete, and the advanced level exam takes up to 5-6 hours to complete.
- The test is performed in two parts:
- Reading comprehension and writing subtests are performed in a classroom
- Listening comprehension and speaking subtests¬†are performed¬†in a studio environment
- Read and listen the instructions carefully and follow them.
- Always try to answer every question and task.
- Finish all the subtests to earn the certificate.
After the exam
- The certificate arrives in the mail about two months after the test
- The certificate is an assessment of all the subtests in the exam