Skip to content
Instructions for test participants
Before the test
- Register for the exam with aÂ selected test organizer (https://yki.opintopolku.fi/yki/ilmoittautuminen).
- Pay for the registration according to the test organizer’sÂ instructions.
- Take a pencil and eraser with you, and also an official identification card with a picture of you (passport or ID card). (Driverâ€™s license is not an official ID card!)
- Remember that you canâ€™t use dictionaries, mobile phone or other aids during the test.
- The use of mobile phones and computers is prohibited during the test. All the electronic devices are given to the staff and returned after the exam.
- You can try out and rehearse for the tests on this website.
- Listen and try to speak the language as much as possible. Practice and review the basic things.
During the test
- Arrive early. If youâ€™re late, youâ€™ll not be able to participate in the test.
- The basic and intermediate level exams take 3Â˝-4 hours to complete, and the advanced level exam takes up to 5-6 hours to complete.
- The test is performed in two parts:
- Reading comprehension and writing subtests are performed in a classroom
- Listening comprehension and speaking subtestsÂ are performedÂ in a studio environment
- Read and listen the instructions carefully and follow them.
- Always try to answer every question and task.
- Finish all the subtests to earn the certificate.
After the exam
- The certificate arrives in the mail about two months after the test
- The certificate is an assessment of all the subtests in the exam
- If youâ€™re not pleased about the assessment results, you can ask for a revaluation within two weeks after receiving the certificate. The written revaluation request is sent by e-mail to email@example.com