Skip to content
What kind of test is the National certificate of language proficiency (YKI)?
- A language test intented for adults.
- Anyone can participate in the test.
- The tasks are related to practical situations and don’t require special mastery in any¬†specific fields.
- See the test dates and locations here.
- There are 9 possible languages to choose from (Finnish, Swedish, English, Spanish, Italian, French, Sami, German and Russian).
- There are 4 different subtests that are assessed in the test (reading comprehension, writing, listening comprehension and speaking).
- Finnish and Swedish intermediate level tests can be used as an indication of language proficiency in the citizenship application. See more (Migri)